This September, we’ll be setting off to Manchester for BCSC, the UK’s biggest property retail networking event of the year. Taking place across three days from Tuesday 13th – Thursday 15th September, BCSC is guaranteed to be an event jam-packed with opportunities. Over 2,500 retail and property professionals, including owners, investors, developers, retailers, retail property agents, professional service consultants, public sector representatives and service providers are joined together all under one roof.
The event kicks off with an Afternoon Study Tour, where we’ll be shown around Bolton’s new Market Place, which is currently undergoing a major redevelopment to include food, beverage, leisure and retail spaces set in Bolton’s spectacular underground Victorian vaults.
That evening, we’re excited to be a part of the BCSC Welcome Party, where we’ll be treated to street food, drinks and a DJ to get us all warmed up. The party is taking place at Manchester’s London Road Fire Station – a previously derelict space that has been fantastically transformed just for BCSC!
Alongside all of these great networking opportunities, BCSC also hosts a number of inspiring and informative seminars about a whole range of subjects in the retail property sector.
On the Wednesday, we’re looking forward to attending:
- ‘Business with a social conscience. Creating community in retail’ – a talk led by designer and entrepreneur, Wayne Hemmingway MBE; Chief Executive at British Land, Chris Grigg and Bill Hughes from Legal and General
- ‘Retail’s changing! Can logistics and store design keep up’ by Collect Plus CEO, Neil Ashworth; Regional Director for Park Royal and London, James Craddock and Portland Design Managing Partner, Ibrahim Ibrahim.
- ‘Technology drives business opportunity. Can you afford to ignore what’s around the corner?’, with speakers to be announced soon.
We’ll also be attending more seminars on the Thursday:
- ‘Unlocking development through infrastructure’ led by Richard Akers at Barratt Developments Plc and Emaar Malls Group PJSC; Head of Development & Finance at Capital Investment Group, Paul Marsh; Manchester Airports Group Divisional Chief Executive Office, Linda Shillaw and Richard Thrillfall at KPMG.
- ‘Britain’s post-EU future. Where do we go from here’ with BCSC Chief Executive Edward Cooke and Co-Chair of Leave.eu, Richard Tice.
- ‘The menu of opportunity. Food, Beverage and Leisure – the next generation’, facilitated by Mark Wingett, editor at MCA.
As well as attending these enlightening seminars, the Elecosoft team will be over at Stand 68, ready to speak to anybody and everybody that’s interested about our revolutionary one-stop property information system perfect for retailers – which is why we work with 8 out of 10 of the UK’s top retailers.
If you’re attending BCSC this year, we’d love to meet up and have a chat. Just find Stand 68 and come and say hello!